Gold Medal is looking for ambitious, capable and skilled Diesel Mechanics/Maintenance
Technicians to join our team. Mechanics/Technician will performs repair and
maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to,
chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake
systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension,
drive train and steering systems. A Mechanic/Technician may also perform basic tire work, such as
replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks.
Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our
drivers as they run their
routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Serve your community and your customers
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment and your world.
- Maintains a working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency in, the following vehicle
components and systems, with the
ability to perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both on-site and on the road:
- Chassis component repair and maintenance;
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems; and air and
hydraulic braking systems;
- Engine repair and maintenance;
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the Company’s equipment is returned
to operation in a safe and
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by employees and are
not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by
personnel so classified.
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the
discretion of the Company.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position demonstrating knowledge of both
gasoline and diesel powered equipment
diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an accredited automotive college or technical
school within the next
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision in some (not all required) of the
following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: Suspensions & Steering; General Engine, Transmissions, Brakes,
Electrical, Hydraulics, Drive
Train, Diesel Emissions.
- Basic understanding of work order labor time standards.
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be performed on Classes 1-5
light/medium duty and heavy-duty
Class 7-8 trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License (required).